Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Certification Letter Requested Through the VA Regional Office
The DVA Certification Letter can be requested through the Sarpy County Veteran’s Service Office (VSO). Please call their office at 402-593-2203 to request a letter for the Homestead Exemption. The Sarpy VSO will request the letter through the VA Regional Office for you. The letter will be mailed directly to your property. The letter must be dated after January 1 of the year you are applying.
DVA Certification Letter Accessed Through VA.gov Account (Category Number 4V Only)
The letter must include the following:
- Dated after January 1 of the year you are applying
- State that you’re 100% service-connected
- State your current monthly award amount
- State your effective date
- State if you’re considered totally and permanently disabled
Note: If you are rated under 100% service-connected but are being paid at the 100% rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities, it must be reflected on your eBenefits letter.