What do I need to take to my hearing?

Property owners have the responsibility of presenting relevant evidence as to why the assessed value of the protested property should be adjusted. It is not the responsibility of the referee to appraise each property but rather to consider the information presented by the owner and the Assessor and make a recommendation to the Board of Equalization. Therefore, it is important that the owner provide relevant information that supports their requested valuation. Examples of relevant information include:

  • A recent appraisal
  • Comparable properties
  • Market sales of similar properties in a similar area
  • Cost of recent construction of the property that affects the value
  • Physical characteristics of the property
  • Income, vacancy and expense data relating to commercial property
  • Soil data showing different land uses or soil types (farmland only)
  • Discounted cash flow data for development land
  • Evidence or data that reflects the market value of the property
  • Photos

Show All Answers

1. How does my valuation change?
2. What should I do if I do not agree with the valuation of my property?
3. How do I submit my protest?
4. What is a Referee Hearing?
5. When is my Referee Hearing?
6. Do I have a choice of hearing date or time?
7. Am I required to attend my hearing?
8. What do I need to take to my hearing?
9. What happens after my hearing?
10. When will I receive a decision?
11. What if I disagree with the Board of Equalization's final decision?