What should I do if I do not agree with the valuation of my property?

Filing Property Valuation Protests

If you are not satisfied with your value and choose to file a property valuation protest, you will need to complete Protest Form 422, which is only available between June 1st and June 30th; check back on this website during the specified period to access the form. This form may be completed online for submission, completed online and printed or you may request a form to be mailed to you. For more information on submissions, view the "How do I submit my protest?" FAQ.

Required Information

Your protest form must include the following:

  • Reason(s) for protesting
  • Description of property
  • Signature
  • Date
  • Be sure you place your parcel number on all documents

Public Record Note

Property valuation protests are public records, therefore, please cross out any personal information such as social security numbers, birth dates, bank account numbers, etc., prior to submittal.

Show All Answers

1. How does my valuation change?
2. What should I do if I do not agree with the valuation of my property?
3. How do I submit my protest?
4. What is a Referee Hearing?
5. When is my Referee Hearing?
6. Do I have a choice of hearing date or time?
7. Am I required to attend my hearing?
8. What do I need to take to my hearing?
9. What happens after my hearing?
10. When will I receive a decision?
11. What if I disagree with the Board of Equalization's final decision?