Where do we obtain "In Transit" stickers or signs?

Only dealers are authorized to provide "In Transit" signs. Nebraska dealers will provide them at purchase. If you purchased your car from someone other than a Nebraska dealer, keep the title, proof of insurance, and bill of sale with you when you are driving. You have 30 days to obtain plates from the date of purchase. In Transits cannot be renewed past the original 30 days. The State informs us that handmade "In Transits" are not legal even though you may see them on the street.

Show All Answers

1. I bought a vehicle what do I need to bring?
2. I just moved to Nebraska, what do I need to do about my vehicles/drivers' license?
3. I am a Nebraska resident. I want to renew my car license plates. What documents do you need to see?
4. I am moving. What do I need to do? This includes out of state as well as within Nebraska.
5. Where do we obtain "In Transit" stickers or signs?
6. I'm selling a vehicle, how do I sign off on the title?
7. I lost my renewal card, do I need it?
8. I am moving to Sarpy County from another Nebraska county. What do I need to do?
9. I lost my registration and/or plates. How do I replace them?
10. I lost my stickers. What do I do?
11. I just separated/retired from the military. How long do I have before I register as a resident?
12. I'm military. Why do I have to show my LES?