I am moving. What do I need to do? This includes out of state as well as within Nebraska.

If you are arriving from out of state, take your vehicle and title to Vehicle Inspections for VIN inspection. The fee is $10. If you have a lien on the car (e.g. bank has a title), you will need to request the title from your lienholder before you can go any further. Go to our forms section to fill out our form and request your title, Customer Request for out of state title. They will send the title to us and we will send you a postcard informing you that it has arrived and to bring in your vehicle for inspection. After the vehicle has been inspected you can proceed to the Treasurer’s Office for titling and registration. If you already have the title go to the County Treasurer’s office (window 1) where you will obtain a new title. The car will then be assessed and you will receive your plates/registration from the Treasurer’s office. A more comprehensive and detailed list for new residents and people who moved can be viewed at I just moved, find more information on what you need to do (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. I bought a vehicle what do I need to bring?
2. I just moved to Nebraska, what do I need to do about my vehicles/drivers' license?
3. I am a Nebraska resident. I want to renew my car license plates. What documents do you need to see?
4. I am moving. What do I need to do? This includes out of state as well as within Nebraska.
5. Where do we obtain "In Transit" stickers or signs?
6. I'm selling a vehicle, how do I sign off on the title?
7. I lost my renewal card, do I need it?
8. I am moving to Sarpy County from another Nebraska county. What do I need to do?
9. I lost my registration and/or plates. How do I replace them?
10. I lost my stickers. What do I do?
11. I just separated/retired from the military. How long do I have before I register as a resident?
12. I'm military. Why do I have to show my LES?