Any Sarpy County voter who was registered prior to the voter registration deadline is eligible to request an early voting ballot, either by mail, in person, or by agent. Early Voting Ballot Applications are available no earlier than 120 days prior to an election.
There are no Early Voting Ballot Applications available at this time.
- Voters can have a ballot sent directly to them in the mail, either to their home address or to another address if they are away from home.
- The voter can send an Early Voting Ballot Application to the Election Commission requesting a ballot be mailed to them.
- All in-person early voting takes place at the Election Commission.
- The voter can vote their ballot at the Election Commission, or the voter can take their ballot home as long as the ballot is returned to the Election Commission or a drop box location before 8:00 p.m. on election day.
- In-person early voting takes place 30 days prior to a statewide election.
Request by Agent
- An agent is a person acting on behalf of a registered voter.
- An agent can request an early voting ballot to be mailed to a voter or can pick up an early voting ballot for a voter.
- An agent can only be an agent for two voters each election (requesting a ballot for yourself is not considered acting as an agent).
- An agent does not have to be a registered voter, but they must be able to provide the name, registered address, and date of birth of the voter.
- All ballots must be returned to the Election Commission or a drop box location before 8:00 p.m. on election day.