The Accounts Payable Division of the Sarpy County Clerk/ROD’s office is responsible for reviewing all invoices and for making payments of all legally incurred and properly authorized obligations of Sarpy County except payroll – which is done by County Clerk Payroll staff. Payments will be issued in a manner to maintain the credit worthiness of the County and to take advantage of all available discounts. Accounts Payable is the primary contact for all Vendor inquiries regarding payment of invoices.
Claims / Warrants
Deadline for claims submission is end-of-day Monday. These payments will be made following the next Sarpy County Board meeting (eight days later). If the Monday falls on a holiday, the deadline will be the previous Friday at the end of the day.
Claims; directed by Resolution 2021-168 include:
- Payroll and related employee reimbursements
- Utilities [OPPD, Black Hills Energy, M.U.D.]
- Lease Payments
- Contract and/or other installment payments which have been contracted for or authorized by action of the Board.
- Claims submitted in accordance with approved budget documents and policies and procedures established by the Sarpy County Board of Commissioners. **NEW**
- Expenses associated with jurors of the various courts and attorney fees and expenses ordered by a judge in the usual and customary manner.
- Payments that are in accordance with Sarpy County's current Written Standards of Eligibility and Assistance for General Assistance for the Poor.
The IRS mileage reimbursement rate for 2021 is $0.56 per mile for personal vehicles.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links / Forms
W-9 Form for vendors
Riley Gimeson, Accounting Specialist II
Federal Employer ID # 47-6006504
The Accounts Payable team ensures that approximately 21,000 invoices for more than 3,400 vendors each year are paid accurately and timely.