- Departments A through H
- Human Resources
- Prospective Employees
- Application Process
Thank you for your interest in employment with Sarpy County. To view job postings or apply online, please visit our NEOGOV Job Opportunities Listing site.
Please note: Portions of your application may be deemed a public record pursuant to Nebraska Revised Statutes Section 84-712 and for that reason may be made available to the public for viewing.
Please be advised that if you advance in the application process, Sarpy County's Employment Policy requires that you submit to and successfully complete multiple background checks, one of which is a criminal history check. Having a criminal history will not necessarily bar you from employment with Sarpy County as individual circumstances will be considered.
Should you move forward in the selection process and be offered an interview, reference checks, including current/past employment, will be contacted despite any indication on your application to not contact.
To apply for a job, go to our NEOGOV Job Opportunities site, locate the job title for which you wish to apply, click on it, and then on the "Apply" link! Once you access this page, there is a "Help" tutorial available for assistance.
If this is the first time submitting an online application, you will need to create an account with a username and password. Make sure that you keep the username and password handy in case you want to check the status of your application. If you receive a message that your username and/or password are already in use, you may have applied for a position with another governmental agency using the NEOGOV system. For assistance, please contact NEOGOV Customer Service at: 855-524-5627.
Future information regarding your application or subsequent testing will be sent to your email. It is in your best interest to check your email frequently and ensure emails do not go to your spam folder.
Important Information Below for Eligibility to Apply
- Please read the job requirements carefully. For all applications filed after October 15, 2016, Sarpy County reserves the right to ban any applicant who fails to follow the job application instructions three or more times within a one-year period. Examples include, but are not limited to: incorrectly submitting an application for a restricted posting, and applying for positions for which the applicant is clearly unqualified due to minimum education or experience requirements for the position.
- Sarpy County requires employment history for the last tenyears.
- Begin with your current or last position and work back.
- Employment history should include
- Dates of employment
- Position held
- Brief summary of duties and responsibilities
- If you have gaps in your employment or do not have ten years of past employment, please indicate as follows:
- Provide dates of gap/no employment, and
- Write 'N/A'
- Sarpy County accepts applications for open positions only. Additionally, applications will not be accepted via fax, email or paper; to be eligible for a posted position you must complete and submit an online application prior to the published close date. You are welcome to attach a resume, but you are required to answer questions within the application (i.e. do not write 'see resume').
- Sarpy County does not accept unsolicited resumes; any resumes submitted outside of an open position will be destroyed.
- Sarpy County applicants may refer to the County's Civil Service Personnel Rules and Regulations for information regarding the Application Process.
- If the position for which you wish to apply states "Internal Only" or "Departmental Only," this means the position is a restricted posting: you are eligible only if you are a currently a Non-Probationary Sarpy County employee.
- The definitions are:
- Departmental Only - Employees only in that office/department are eligible to apply.
- Internal Only - Postings are restricted and only current County employees (excluding seasonal, emergency, and provisional) are eligible to apply.
- Employees covered under the County Civil Service Act from any Sarpy County Office/Department are eligible to apply.
- The definitions are:
- Your application will be read in its totality. Please review your "Info" section of your application (e.g. Objective, Desired Shifts, Type of Work, Starting Wage, etc.) as compared to the position for which you are applying. Inconsistencies (e.g. your minimum required wage rate compared to the starting wage of the position) will exclude your application from further consideration.
Notifications of Future Openings
For notifications of future openings, please complete a Job Interest Card.
Sarpy County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sarpy County participates in the E-Verify® Program.
(E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security)