The Sarpy County Emergency Communication's Center (Center) is staffed by public safety telecommunicator professionals who are trained to answer 911 and non-emergency telephone calls, as well as dispatch police, fire, and emergency medical resources. The Center is the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) serving all of Sarpy County including answering wireless calls for Offutt Air Force Base. The Center is located in Papillion, Nebraska.
The Center dispatches for all eight of the public safety agencies in Sarpy County, including all fire districts, police departments, and the Sheriffs' Office. Dispatch staff are responsible for receiving, prioritizing, and sending appropriate assistance to the citizens of Bellevue, Gretna, Papillion, La Vista, Springfield, and greater Sarpy County.
The Center staff consists of:
- An Administrative Specialist
- A Director
- Four Senior Dispatchers and Four Lead Dispatchers Who Are Supported by a Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Telephone System and Technology Manager
- Thirty-Two Full-Time Dispatchers
- Three Communications Technologists
- Three Public Safety Information System Specialists
Fully trained dispatchers maintain certifications in Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). In addition, dispatchers continue to improve skills and knowledge through on-location training and attendance at industry specific classes and conferences.
The Center is a secure facility and is open to the public through prior arrangement only.