- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Commissioners
Sarpy County Board of Commissioners
Powers & Responsibilities
The powers of the County as a political body are carried out by the County Board as follows:
- Oversees all County funds and County business
- Manages all County roads and right-of-ways and maintains a comprehensive One and Six Year Road Program
- Examines all accounts, receipts and expenditures
- Created our Planning Commission to make, adopt, amend, extend and implement our Comprehensive Development Plan and adopted our zoning rules and regulations
- Annually levies and collects taxes
- Provides suitable courthouse, jail and other necessary County buildings
- Has the power to sell, convey, exchange or lease any real or personal estate owned by the County and is involved in all County real estate transactions
- 3 pm every Tuesday
- County Boardroom
Sarpy County Courthouse
1210 Golden Gate Drive
Papillion, NE 68046
Notice is hereby given that meetings of the Board of County Commissioners of Sarpy County, Nebraska, are held on Tuesdays beginning with Board of Equalization at 3 pm followed by the Board of Commissioners. When applicable Board of Corrections, Board Retreats, Tri-County, and Leasing Corporation Meetings notice of meetings are also noted on the Board Web Portal.
All meetings are open to the public, and the Board shall have the right to modify the agenda to include items of an emergency nature only at such public meeting. Notice is also given in advance by publication in the Gretna Guide & News and Sarpy Guide & News.
During the meeting times you can listen to board meetings live via our Board Web Portal.
Agendas & Minutes
An agenda for each meeting, kept continually current, is available for inspection at the Sarpy County Clerk's Board Administration office. Upon completion the finalized agenda is posted by 4 pm on Friday and made available online as well. Minutes are available following approval. Agendas and minutes documents are in PDF format.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Sarpy County employs a part-time lobbyist who focuses on state government issues on behalf of the County Board and County Elected Officials. Sarpy County is also a member of the Nebraska Association of County Officials.
|Catalyst Public Affairs Group, Registered Lobbyist||Annual Retainer||$49,920|
|National Association of Counties||Annual Dues Budgeted||$2,743|
|Nebraska Association of County Officials||Annual Dues Budgeted||$11,000|