- Departments I through Z
- Transfer Station / Environmental Services
- Prohibited Items / Special Wastes
Prohibited Items / Special Wastes
View a list of waste prohibited from disposal at the transfer station, however Sarpy County provides a separate drop off area at the transfer station for several of these wastes listed. For additional information, please contact the Sarpy County Transfer Station Office at 402-253-2371.
Hazardous waste from industry, business, and government are prohibited from entering the site. Contact the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality at 402-471-4210.
Special Wastes from Industry, Business & Government
Defined as non-hazardous wastes which are generated from industry, business, and government.
Examples of Potential Hazardous or Special Wastes
- Asbestos containing wastes
- Corrosive wastes
- Flammable or explosive waste
- Florescent light tubes, mercury containing wastes
- Industrial, process dusts, airborne wastes, powders
- Infectious wastes
- PCB wastes, light ballasts, dielectric fluids
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Petroleum contaminated soil
- Petroleum contaminated wastes
- Radioactive waste
- Sludge's and tank sediments
- Solvents, thinners, paints or inks
- Treated railroad ties and power poles
- Waste contained in drums, buckets or cans
- Waste marked with placards, warnings or danger labels
- Wastes with chemical odors
Bulk Liquids (Other Than Household)
Bulk liquids are prohibited from disposal in the Transfer Station. These wastes require approval for disposal from the waste water treatment plants. Please contact the Sarpy County Transfer Station at 402-253-2371 for additional information.
Appliances (White Goods)
Waste appliances are accepted at a drop off area at the Transfer Station for white goods, (major appliances) a separate fee is required, or consult the telephone book for recyclers who handle appliances for a fee. The recyclers may offer a less expensive fee for disposal.
Waste Oil & Lead Acid Batteries
Waste oil and lead acid batteries are not accepted.
All tires are prohibited from disposal in landfills beginning September 1995. A drop off site is provided at the Transfer Station for an additional fee. Large loads of tires will not be accepted.
For the purposes of composing, yard waste shall mean grass and leaves in combination with chipped trees and branches and other organic material collected as the result of the care of ornamental plants, lawns, shrubbery, vines and gardens. No plastic yard or leaf bags will be accepted at the yard waste staging area. All trash and co-mingled loads must be disposed of at the Transfer Station building.