The Register Of Deeds office makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content of these pages or at other sites to which we link.
- Where is the Register of Deeds Office located?
- Does the document need to be an original?
- Must signatures be notarized?
- What happens when a document is brought to the Register of Deeds Office for recording?
- Who keeps the documents?
- How much does it cost to record a document?
- How far back do the records in the Register of Deeds Office go?
- How is all that paper tracked?
- What information do I need to obtain a copy of my deed?
- What is a lien?
- Can I get someone to do research for me?
- Can I find out who owns a particular piece of property?
- Are there liens against my property?
- What is meant by "indexes"?
- How do I find information about easements on my property?
- Can I find out how old my house is or get historical information about my house?
- Where else can I look if I cannot find the information in your office?
- What was the sale price for a particular property?
- Can the Register of Deeds office tell me if I have a good and clear title?
- Is everything handled in the Register of Deeds office public record?
- Can I get a copy of a birth or death certificate through the Register of Deeds Office?
- How do I record or get a copy of my military discharge?
- What is a deed?
- Do I need to record my deed?
- May I record a document for real estate for another county?
- I want to take someone's name off my deed or change the names of the owners on my property. Can I change the deed?
- If I sell a portion of my land, do I get a deed for the remainder?
- May I make out my own deed?
- If I want to write my own deed, do you have standard deed forms available?
- What if I lose my deed?
- How long does it take to record a document?
- What types of documents can I file in the Register of Deeds Office?
- Is it possible to obtain information about previous owners and the history of my home?
- What information am I able to obtain by telephoning the register of deeds’ office?
- How can I record my document?
- What are the requirements for recording a document?
- How do I make changes to the title of my property?
- What are the most common types of deeds?
- When is a Form 521 (transfer statement) required?
- How is my document identified in the register of deeds’ office?
- What if I lose my deed?
- How can I obtain copies of documents?
- Can I obtain a copy of my recorded property survey?
- I have paid off my mortgage. What do I need to do? Where do I get my deed?
- Do you have/sell real estate forms?
- Where can I get a copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?
For questions regarding property taxes, please call the County Treasurer's Office at 402-593-2143.
For questions regarding property valuation information or homestead exemption, please call the County Assessor's Office at 402-593-2122.
For questions regarding marriage licenses or military DD-214, please call the County Clerk's Office at 402-593-2105.