Cremation Assistance

Sarpy County Human Services will consider providing financial assistance for the cremation of remains of any person who dies within the geographic boundaries of Sarpy County or who has legal settlement in the county. Payments may be authorized to any mortuary within Sarpy County, if the estate of the decedent and/or financial resources of the responsible relative(s), as defined by Nebraska Statute 38-1425, is/are insufficient to pay for the cost.

Call the Human Services Department to receive additional information and/or to discuss eligibility.