Duplicate Titles

In the event a Certificate of Title has been lost, destroyed, or mutilated, a duplicate Certificate of Title is issued. To obtain a duplicate title, the titleholder/lienholder must submit a completed Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (PDF) to the Sarpy County Treasurer's Office or any other Nebraska County Treasurer's Office.

Signed Title

All person(s) whose name(s) appear on the face of the title must sign the completed application. If husband and wife hold the title either may sign the application, acting as an agent. Please note that even though your title may say and/or that all must sign the form. All signatures must be notarized.


If a lien is present on the title record, the lienholder must apply for the title. If the lien has been satisfied, a notarized lien release on the lien holder letterhead may be accepted.


The fee for a duplicate Certificate of Title is $14 plus a $1 notary fee.