Sarpy County GIS acts as the lead for the Sarpy County GIS Coalition. The coalition members include the county, the Papio-Missouri River NRD, and the cities of Bellevue, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, and Springfield. The coalition was formed to provide a mechanism to ensure an orderly, efficient, and standardized method for the development and application of geospatial data throughout the county.
The GIS Department provides a number of services and products for the coalition, including:
- Mapping, spatial analysis, and application development services
- Application training and support
- Technical support for all GIS desktop and web mapping applications
- Maintenance of all GIS base map data layers
- Creation and printing of maps and spatial data for the public