Online Vehicle Renewal
You can renew most vehicle registration online using the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles Online Renewal System. Make sure you select the county before entering the information necessary to complete the process. It can take up to five days for you to receive your registration and stickers after renewing online.
You cannot renew online if your name or address has changed since your last renewal, if you are registering as a non-resident military member, or if your insurance is not on file in the state database.
Online Portal Fee
There is an online portal fee charged by a third-party vendor for this service. The fee is 3% of the total if paying with a credit or debit card ; or $3 if paying by E-Check (taken from your checking account electronically). There is a minimum fee of $2 for the credit or debit card.
Several other services are also available on the Nebraska DMV website.
Avoid Fake DMV Websites
An increasing number of people have fallen victim to fake DMV websites. These websites illegally collect personal information, credit card numbers and money while posing as a representative of the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. Here are tips for people renewing their vehicle registration online:
- The Nebraska DMV is the only website where you can renew your vehicle registration and license plates. Verify the URL before entering any personal information. The website is DMV.Nebraska.gov.
- You will never have to enter the year, make or model of your vehicle.
- Your renewal charge will never be $9.99 or $19.99.
- There are no advertisements on the official Nebraska DMV website. Fake sites often include ads for insurance or gift cards.
- When you look at your bank or credit card statement, the charge should be listed as "Nebraska.gov DMV Plate …" If the charge is listed under any other name, contact your bank or credit card company immediately.
- Your online renewal is a safe and secure way to renew your registration. However, if you don't feel comfortable completing your registration online, there are other options. You can send your renewal payment through the mail, leave your registration and payment in the Treasurer's Office's secure drop box at the Sarpy County Courthouse, or you can renew in person at the Sarpy County Treasurer's Office . No matter which method you choose for your renewal, make sure you have proof of insurance available.